Monday 15 January 2018

K&F Concept TM2324 Tripod Review


K&F Concept TM2324 tripod

K&F Concept recently contacted me and asked me if I’d like to test out one of their tripods - the TM2324 tripod. This was good timing for me as I found myself needing a compact, lightweight tripod that I could carry with me for work which required me to travel via trains or planes.

K&F Concept TM2324 tripod with Sony A7R attached

My go to tripod for the last few years has been the relatively inexpensive but sturdy and reliable Manfrotto MK294A3. I depend a lot on this tripod. It extends pretty high (a lot taller than me), I love the 3-way tilt and pan head and it’s quite substantial in weight so feels rock solid. With all these plus points it does have its disadvantages - it doesn’t pack up very small making it difficult to transport. Also, while I’ve mentioned it’s heavy weight as an advantage as it makes sure to limit any vibration, the hefty weight is also a disadvantage as it makes it a nightmare to carry around on long journeys or even pack into luggage for flights.

Enough about the Manfrotto, let’s talk about the K&F Concept tripod. Straight out of the box I could see that this tripod would give me a nice compact option for travelling. It’s lightweight (weighing just 1.13KG), folds down pretty small (46.5cm) and even comes with its own carry case (which my Manfrotto does not). This tripod comes with a ball-head - a different system to manoeuvre the camera than what I’m used to. It took me a while to get used to this and I think that I still prefer the 3-way system of my Manfrotto. I guess I could always look at replacing the ball-head with a 3-way system on this tripod for future use.



TM2324 tripod's ball head

Build quality of the K&F Concept tripod is what I would describe as decent but not ground-breaking but at this price point (at the time of writing this - £53.99 on Amazon) you're not going to get carbon fibre or other high quality materials instead you get a magnesium aluminium alloy frame and plastics. Fully extended a camera can be mounted at 156cm which isn't the loftiest of heights but I guess a tripod marketed as being compact isn't going be among the tallest on the market. Having said that, 156cm will probably be tall enough for most situations. The centre column of the tripod can be reverse mounted for macro photography. Similar to all tripods I've ever used, the K&F Concept tripod comes with a quick release plate system where a plate is mounted to the bottom of your camera, this plate has a corresponding part on the tripod which securely attaches the camera to the tripod. The tripod takes a maximum 10kg load which is heavier than most camera body and lens combos.


TM2324 tripod folded to it's smallest size
During my testing I liked how small and lightweight the tripod is for carrying around. I have to carry a lot of gear with me to shoots so lightening the load a little is always good in my book. Having said that due to the lightweight I wouldn't say that this tripod would hold up well in windy outdoor conditions when shooting landscape photography. For my main uses it performs well and the carry case is a very handy addition. For the price it's certainly a decent option for a photographer that travels a lot.


K&F Concept TM2324 tripod with Sony A7R attached
For a limited time (16/01/2018 - 28/02/2018) you can get 10% off K&F Concept products using code - UKF09007 at the checkout on Amazon.


Thanks for reading.

I'd like to thank K&F Concept for sending the tripod out to me for testing.

For more information on K&F Conecpt products please take a look at their page on Amazon.

Follow me on my social media channels:


1 comment:

  1. Good bloghttp://imageliner.blogspot.com/2012/01/vanguard-tracker-4-tripod-review.html

    ReplyDelete

Samyang AF 35-150mm f2-2.8 FE